Gregg's new CD, Low Country Blues, is coming out January 18th on Rounder Records. It features twelve tracks -- 11 blues classics and one new song written by Gregg and Warren Haynes. The players include Dr. John on piano, guitarist Doyle Bramhall II, bassist Dennis Crouch and drummer Jay Bellerose.
The album was produced by T Bone Burnett and recorded at Village Recorder studios in Los Angeles.
All the photographs are by Danny Clinch, one of the top photographers in the music industry. They were all taken in the Low Country, around Gregg's current hometown of Savannah, GA. Danny has photographed everyone from Springsteen to Willie Nelson, from Johnny Cash to Tupac Shakur. His work has appeared in Vanity Fair, Spin, Rolling Stone, GQ, Esquire, the New Yorker, and The New York Times Magazine, among others.
The CD will be available in all the usual retail outlets, and favorite online sources like iTunes and Amazon.
It will also be available at every Starbucks in the country, and Starbucks is very excited to have this new CD in their stores when it comes out in January.
1. Floating Bridge (Sleepy John Estes)
2. Little By Little (Junior Wells)
3. Devil Got My Woman (Skip James)
4. I Can't Be Satisfied (Muddy Waters)
5. Blind Man (Bobby Bland)
6. Just Another Rider (Gregg Allman & Warren Haynes)
7. Please Accept My Love (BB King)
8. I Believe I'll Go Back Home (Traditional)
9. Tears Tears Tears (Amos Milburn)
10. My Love is Your Love (Samuel Maghett)
11. Checking On My Baby (Otis Rush)
12. Rolling Stone (Traditional)